It’s been almost ten years since the first Assassin’s Creed game released worldwide, and to celebrate the occasion, Ubisoft has released a documentary about its passionate fans who’ve supported the franchise through the years.
Accompanying the film above is a blog post on the studio’s website, in which one of the game’s pioneers reveals that Ubisoft wasn’t expecting the series to be this successful. Sebastien Puel, who later served as Executive Producer on Brotherhood, Black Flag, and others, said:
We never expected AC to be such a success. We were passionate about history, but not sure it could have a mainstream wide appeal. I remember of the programmers referring to a cool game feature and saying, ‘With this one, we will sell one million copies!’ We are well past 100 million today.
Assassin’s Creed Origins‘ Creative Director Jean Guesdon added:
We could feel that AC was ‘special’. Internally, like externally, there was a kind of ‘aura’ around the game. Something that was screaming, ‘I’m not a normal videogame. I’m special.’ Of course, nobody could have predicted that, 10 years later, our universe would have become what it is now, but the feeling that we were creating something that was huge (even if not fully understood) was definitely there.
Having skipped a release last year, Assassin’s Creed will return on October 27.
The post Ubisoft Wasn’t Expecting Assassin’s Creed to Be Such a Success, Says Producer appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.
Source: PSN News