As always in technology, the advancements out pace the consumers and with Playstation 4 there is no exception. Recently Lifewire.com published their top 8 best accessories for playstation and we couldn’t agree more, well except for thos annoying power docks and extra controllers which you won’t need any longer once you pick up a PlayConn Wireless Power system for your PS4!
Buying a new PlayStation 4 controller or other accessory can be confusing since there are so many options on the market at such a wide range of prices. With this in mind, we sought out accessories with the best balance between performance, features, build quality and price to find the very best products to recommend. We take the guesswork out of buying PS4 accessories with our picks for the best controllers, steering wheels, arcade sticks,and more to buy in 2017.
LIFEWIRES’S TOP 8 ACCESSORIES FOR PlayStation
- DualShock 4 Controller – Voted Best Controller! Many people have picked up extra DualShock 4 controllers so they don’t need to stop playing when the battery runs low, but why not pickup a PlayConn and save the money on an extra controller and never have to worry about charging again!
- Thrustmaster VG T150 Force Feedback Driving Wheel for Playstaion – The best wheel for PS4 in terms of performance, construction and price is the VG T150 Force Feedback wheel from Thrustmaster. While it is a little pricey, you’re getting PS4, PS3 and PC compatibility, a full 1080-degree range of steering wheel motion, force feedback and a heavy set of pedals with adjustable inclination
- Mad Catz Street Fighter V Arcade Stick TE2+ – If you want to take your fighting game play to the next level, you pretty much need an arcade fight stick. Arcade sticks give you much more precise directional input than a standard pad, and having all of the buttons right under your fingertips means you can hit them faster and with more accuracy than just using your thumb on a normal controller. The best arcade stick for PS4 is the Mad Catz Street Fight V TE2+.
- PS4 Camera – Sony’s optional PlayStation 4 Camera that has seen more use and success than its consoles competitiors. The Playstation 4 camera provides gesture and voice commands and hand free navigation, which is pretty cool in our book! But it also works as a face cam when you’re streaming on Twitch, and even lets you make your own TV shows with the Playroom app. It is about to get even more useful, as the PS4 Camera is required for motion tracking with PS VR
- PowerA DualShock Charging Station – Another way to tie down your controllers while you sit and wait for them to charge up so you can game on. Inexpensive, the power dock by PowerA is just another cabled charging dock for 2 DualShock controllers. Drop the cables and pick up your PlayConn today!
- Seagate 1TB Firecuda Gaming SATA 2.5 Inch Hard Drive – One thing that’s becoming more common for PlayStation 4 owners is the need to upgrade the device’s hard drive. While it sounds like a daunting task, it’s actually not too bad. The stock PS4 only has a 500GB hard drive, so if you want a larger hard drive to replace it with, take a look at the Seagate 1TB Firecuda Gaming Hard Drive.
- Runner Up for Best Controller: Horipad FPS Plus – If you enjoy being tethered down by cables perhaps this controller is for you. At Playconn we prefer to be wire free! Lifewire states the benefit of the Horipad controller as ” The main difference here is that the FPS Plus has asymmetrical joystick placement similar to Xbox controllers, which swaps the position of the left analog stick and D-pad to put the analog stick in a more comfortable position under your thumb than the standard Dual Shock 4 offers”
- Kontrol Freak Extensions – Per Lifewire “At first glance the plethora of different Kontrol Freek controller nubs seem like a weird gimmick, but they can actually have a huge impact on your gaming, particularly with shooters. Kontrol Freek products are little nubs that snap onto the top of the analog sticks on your PS4 controller. The idea is that they give the stick more travel because they make the sticks longer and, as a result, you have a few more millimeters of fine control over the stick. This added movement gives you much more precise control and can really make a big difference in competitive games.”
To learn more and where to buy the Limewire Top 8 Accessories for Playstation 4 visit https://www.lifewire.com/best-playstation-4-accessories-4052331