While Hurricane Irma may soon be closing in on the EA Tiburon office, the team managed to put out a big patch for Madden NFL 18 before shutting down in advance of the storm. This large patch includes HDR support for the PlayStation 4 Pro, as well as many reported bugs with the title. Seeing as the game came out in late August, it’s surprising that a big patch like this has already been released.
Here are the details of the patch, courtesy of USGamer:
- HDR Support
- General Stability fixing various crashes and softlocks
- Fixed issue with Steelers; crowd ‘Terrible Towels’ appearing black or grey
- Online Head-to-Head Quarter Length changed from 4 minutes to 5 minutes
- Fixed an issue around MUT Squads players receiving the incorrect rewards when teammates leave the session early
- Improved a small framerate drop when the ball is snapped on PS4
- Tuned scaling of the football to be slightly smaller
- Fixed an issue where Points were purchasable in Trial
- Fixed Button functionality to be correct: [CROSS] button does not function when attempting to load a MADDEN PROFILE
- Zone Coverage tuning to increase ‘Break-on-Throw’ times
- Tuning to decrease effectiveness of Ball Carrier special moves
- Fixed issue around Coaches standing in the middle of the field when re-starting MUT Challenges
- Tuning to increase blocksheds in run defense vs. Gun Inside Zone plays
- Tuning to slightly increase pass rush when QB holds onto the ball for longer times in the pocket
- Fixed an issue with sideline characters not reacting appropriately to big plays
- Fixed incorrect Chargers/Giants week 5 game on the schedule
- Fixed issue around schedules recording incorrectly when using Play Now Live for Preseason Week
Make sure to check out our Madden NFL 18 review:
A common complaint of yearly sports franchises is that releases often feel like a mere roster change, or a fresh coat of paint on an already existing structure. Obviously large sweeping changes take time to introduce, and only so much can be done in a year, so these complaints do sometimes hold some validity to them. I don’t suspect any of these complaints will be lobbed at Madden NFL 18, though. EA Tiburon has done a lot for the 2017 installment of their football giant, and that hard work has paid dividends.
Madden NFL 18 is now available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The post Big Madden NFL 18 Patch Pushes PS4 Pro HDR Support and Multiple Bug Fixes appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.
Source: PSN News